Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Xtreme Help

hi again:last night I down loaded xara extreme(it took between 4 and five hours to down load)
    i was going to down load the movies for beginers but they too are very hard to down load(about 2or3 hours) so i figured that maybe you'd help me .
    my qustion is this how can I export photos, from my pictures into
    xara extreme i must be doing something wrong ,cause I keep getting cannot find
    folder or file. can you please help me? PLEASE
    mesteno

Default Re: xara extreme

The easiest way to input photos into xara is to drag a photo from your photo libray and drop it in Xara. see attached picture...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1importphoto.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	51947  
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Help

Welcome to the Xtreme Conference mesteno.

If you want to bring an image into Xtreme, you have to IMPORT the image (File > Import...) or drag and drop as John has illustrated.

EXPORT saves an image to a file format that you select.

Gary

Well, actually, File | Open works, too.

The file type filter defaults to "All files", so mesteno shouldn't have to do any more than navigate to the folder where his photos are, select a photo and click the Open button.

I just though of something, mesteno. Are you trying to move your photos out of your camera and into Xtreme?

If so, that won't work. Xtreme isn't an image browser. You need to save your photos in a folder on your hard disk, then open or import or drag them into Xtreme to work on them.

I plug my camera into a USB port on my computer, then use a file manager (such as Windows Explorer) to save photos from the camera on my hard drive. If your system is slow, you might want to use a card reader instead (less drain on the camera battery).

BTW, welcome to the forum, mesteno.

Allison

Note: When John says "photo library", he's talking about a folder on your hard drive.

Yes using File>Open has the bonus of being able to maintain the dimensions of the bitmap so that you can make any changes and/or additions and then export the bitmap with the same dimensions easily.

Well, seems to work better for me that way. Someone will doubtless correct me on this (as someone invariably does. Not that I mind of course. I've learned a lot that way. I just tend to look a klutz in the process).