Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Magix Xtreme limitations?

I bought Magix Xtreme as a Christmas present for a friend who doesn't speak English.
    I believe it has the advantage of being in national languages so it can attract more users; the features are more or less just like 3.2 (not Pro), there are line profiles, pdf exports, clipart, etc.
    There is also a basic printed manual and a more detailed one in pdf form, with movies (in italian).
    You even get all the additional Magix stuff.
    The boxed version sells for less than 70 euros.
    So it is a good buy for non-professional ( and international) users.

Luciano

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

This is all interesting information but that is all that it is (to me). As I have XXPro, I have no need for the Magix version other than as a possible gift to others.

Thanks for all the contributions.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I believe it has the advantage of being in national languages so it can attract more users; the features are more or less just like 3.2 (not Pro), there are line profiles, pdf exports, clipart, etc.
    I agree with your point about localized versions. I think this could be a great opportunity for less specialized users to get to know Xara's excellence.

I only hope they'll include the full Xara Xtreme 3.2 program in the next release of the Magix product.

Can you confirm some of the limitations of Magix Xtreme compared to Xara Xtreme 3.2 that were mentioned in this thread, or didn't you study it that closely?

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    I took another look at their website and it doesn't say one way or another if any of the functions are disabled in the trial. Maybe Charles and company know something more.
    The feather tool is included in Magix Xtreme, it may just be not visible in the default view. If you go to Windows > Control Bars and turn off 'Use large buttons' for Top you should then see the feather tool.

... and one way to check what is included and what is not, is to look at the buttons palette...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Magix Xtreme Graphic Designer 2

Magix Xtreme Graphic Designer 2:

This new version of the Xara clone seems to have the same features as Xara 4, however on my PC it is wayyyyy slower and actually is causing some system instabilities.

I saw a few unofficial localizations (Russian), but it always a bad solution due to special terms which are hard to translate in short. Also I always use all programs (AI, PSP, CD etc) with interface in English because of that issues. And actually, you just need to learn about 200 words to work with any programs. Maybe it's a good idea to have localizations, but not for Russian for sure )
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC