Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: I need some creative help!

What is the path tool? iamtheblues, what did you use to draw the red curve?
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 04 September 2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg

I used Xara Xtreme V 4. There is no path tool. There is a Shape Editor Tool for drawing lines.
    First Question: Are you using Xara Xtreme?
    If not you can download a fully functional trial version of it here It will last 4 weeks. Plenty of time to do this project and a few others.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Yes i have xara xtreme pro 4, the full version.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 04 September 2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of preceding post

If you are familiar with the shape editor tool, it shouldn't be difficult. Another way is to draw a quickshape ellipse (oval) and draw a straight line through it horizontally and select the line and the ellipse and Arrange Menu/Combine Shapes/Slice Shapes. Fill and adjust ellipse as required.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ellipse.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	51741  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I'm not suggesting that either of these 2 examples are ideal for what you want, but they are based on the suggestions by Bob and Paul above. Perhaps you could either go along with either suggestion, or create something of your own based on the ideas we have given you. If you get stuck on any of the techniques, we are here to help.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

I really liked the 2nd image you created so im trying to make it look similar to yours. For the fade that you have on the hardrive, how did u get it to blend in more? i cant seem to reach that effect. On my copy you can still see where it begins. It doesnt look like its fading in properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trial1.gif 
Views:	168 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	51873

actually i think i got it! what do you guys think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.gif 
Views:	165 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	51874

Very Good - My only criticism is that I would make the "Systems" and "Technology" fonts the same size.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

whats the best way to round out the edges?

Excellent work, Chris. Can you explain what you mean by "round out" and what "edges"?
    The default setting for the linear transparency means you only have to deselect the arrow head end by selecting the node at the other end of the arrow and drag it more to the left to increase the area of the transparency on the left hand side. You can adjust the transparency amount using the slider on the infobar at the top of your workspace, and/or the transparency profile, which is accessed by the black and white patterned arrow to the left of the transparency slider.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

I'm Ok with the text and the 3d bit, but I don't like the distorted photo personally.

I would use a better photo and if the site it's going on has a white background I'd also pick a shot that filled the whole banner otherwise part of it will be lost.