Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Very Small Wings

Nice use of light and dark.

I agree that the wings would more likely be in motion. But I have also seen hummers sitting still for brief periods. But usually the resemblence is closer to your fighter aircraft. Hummers are very nasty with one another.

Hi Gray,
    I think both are absolutely wondefull as separate elements: flower and bird.
    However the composite image isnīt "working" yet.
    As Egg Bramhill already pointed the bird gets a little lost on the image and when i saw it for the first time iīve "readed" the image like this (note the red outline):

Part of the backgound (flower) "blends" too much with the bird looking like it has "legs" (sorry my crappy english to explain this, thus the image above).
    Improving contrast and tweaking the position of the elements will help to get a better composition.

Another approach you may want to try is darkening and blurring the part of the flower that doesnīt have "focus" and gradually bring the part near the birdīs head to focus as well as the bird itself. In other words playing with selective depth of field. I think it would look great on this image.

Please donīt take this comments wrong. I really appreciate your work

Thanks Gary, they are very territorial little birds. They don't like any competition. I'll try blurring and feathering the wing tips a little.

Miguel, thanks for your constructive comments. I do appreciate any and all comments. I'll play around with the positioning to try and lose his feet. Layering in digital makes all changes fairly easy.

Brilliant work Gary. Wonderful gift to be able to do such work with wonderful detail.
    Rupert

Thanks so much Rupert.