Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So Satisfied Over the Years

This is just a note to Xara about my experience with their products.

I first purchased CorelXara (Xara Studio) in 1995 to use as a professional graphic artist. At the time, I thought it blew away Corel Draw in every conceivable way... speed, features, file size...

I've upgraded a few times over the years and have always been pleased. I like it a lot better than Illustrator.

I just upgraded to Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 and look forward to working with it. If it is anything like its predecessors, I'm sure I'll be more than satisfied.

Xara has always produced software which gives extreme value (even at quadruple the price).

Thank you,

Daniel Kramer
    President
    Volat ile Graphix, Inc.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 22 August 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Removed Advertising URL

Default Re: So Satisfied Over the Years

Xara has always produced software which gives extreme value (even at quadruple the price).
    I agree Daniel although I would hope it would not quadruple in price.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 22 August 2008 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fix broken bbcode

Yes I've been a user since Corel Xara too. In fact I still have the CD somewhere and the manual. Version 2.0 as I recall.

Best web design tool I ever had. Just about every site I've created has graphics created in Xara.

Yeah, I'd be well and truly screwed without it. It does 90% or more of my graphics work now, to the point where I haven't even got Phtopaint installed on the PC I bought last year and haven't missed it even once. I do occasionally have to do things in Combustion, though, but its likely I could do them in Xara if I thought about it.

I have had Xara products since Corel Xara 1.1. I have used them to create every type of graphic for all types of advertising save one.

I have never used a xara product in a radio spot...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    I do occasionally have to do things in Combustion, though, but its likely I could do them in Xara if I thought about it.
    What has combustion to do with Xtreme??!! And how can combustion replace Xtreme in certain situations? Can you elaborate a little more please? I think it´s like comparing Word to an FTP client (ok not that much but you get the point).
    They´re completely unrelated except maybe that you can animate vector shapes in combustion. Other than that i can´t find any other relation.
    How do you use them?

Sorry if i´m "sliding" a little from the main topic....

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    I have never used a xara product in a radio spot...
    No me neither. But you never know, one day they might bolt something on...

Thanks to a review I read somewhere, I was trying to maneuver a way to get Xara here in the States when Corel suddenly made it easy. Even then, I wasn't able to justify the acquisition to my boss since I already had Draw.

Luckily, I was given the job of coming up with a web banner on a short turnaround, and I knew I couldn't do it with Draw. Downloaded CorelXara, and two hours after opening the app for the first time, I had the banner done.

That was two hours for a non-artist to get acquainted with the app, figure out what was required for a web banner, concoct a design and implement it. I was so excited that I stopped strangers in the elevator to tell them about it.

The only thing I've used Draw for since is Corel's texture generator, which comes in handy every few years or so.

I too have been using Xara since CorelXara , actually started with webster. I have purchased every update and now using Xtreme Pro4 and this is still my favorite graphics program to work with.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

I feel like I'm in some anti-support group.

I received CorelXara with my expensive copy of Draw as well.

Within a month I had pretty much stopped using Draw JUST because of the redraw time.

Once I made myself familiar with the tools in Xara, it all became intuitive and other programs always seem so drawn out and clunky when trying something new.

It's been great fun upgrading and using tools I hadn't seen previously.

After all these years I've FINALLY started utlilizing layers more effectively - funny.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris