Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Feature request: a (new) clone system

tried to get a similar effect last night by creating a new brush with the wiggle design - probably doesn't give you what you need, but may be useful if you fiddle with the settings enough.
    I agree.. having a tool that's specifically for this would be pretty useful.

What you're really after is some kind of cross between Flash's "symbols" [which I think CorelDRAW also has now] and a referencing system like you'll find in any 3D package. e.g. 3DS Max allows you to clone an object in three ways - as a distinct copy, as a reference or as an instance. A referenced copy will change when you edit the original, whereas an instance will change when any other instance [or the original] is edited. I think I like symbols better because you know where the original is.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    What you're really after is some kind of cross between Flash's "symbols" [which I think CorelDRAW also has now] and a referencing system like you'll find in any 3D package. e.g. 3DS Max allows you to clone an object in three ways - as a distinct copy, as a reference or as an instance. A referenced copy will change when you edit the original, whereas an instance will change when any other instance [or the original] is edited. I think I like symbols better because you know where the original is.
    Of course ! knowing where is the original is a must !