Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pc speed help

Default Re: pc speed help

I am using Painter IX on a PC and have no intention of upgrading to X as the performance boost is minimal. Coral should have added PC dual core support with the last release and if they do not come out with it in Painter XI I will stop using the software altogether. There is no way I shall go out and buy a Mac just to get dual core support either. Wake up Corel, I do not imagine I am the only user who feels this way. We want performance and we want it now!
    IP

well said JT, us PC users need to stick together
    IP

if there is an alternative to corel painter that is as powerful, in the artistic rather than the graphic design sense, then I'd love to here about it - please

otherwise we are a bit stuck for choice

artweaver is there if you don't already have painter, but its not a replacement
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

got a new pc, its the hp pavilion elite, with 4 gigs of ram, even expandable to 8, but painter only uses 2 gigs of ram and one core, i was worried that vista will eat all the ram, even i planned to change it to xp, but when i used painter i was impressed, no lags at all, not even while rotating the image, im glad i didnt bought the mac pro, this machine works it like buttler on a bread, its really cheap like 1000 bucks, has a video card of 512 envidia, two hard drives of 500, and the ram its top notch, check it out on best buy.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by elsevilla View Post
    got a new pc, its the hp pavilion elite, with 4 gigs of ram, even expandable to 8
    Just remember that a standard 32bit OS cannot make use of more than about 3.5 GB ram.
    Typically, a 32bit system with 4GB of RAM will report only 3.5GB of addressable space, though with Vista SP1 the amount of *installed* ram is now reported correctly (though actually addressable space is still 3.5GB)
    The 64bit version of Windows Vista does not have this same 4GB memory limit. Instead, each 64-bit version has a limit to the amount of addressable memory.
    It is reported that the different 64-bit versions and their maximum memory are as follows:
    Vista Basic: 8 GB
    Vista Home Premium: 16 GB
    Vista Business/Ultimate: 128+ GB
    IP

which model matey, can you post a link
    IP