Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Post How do you handle large page sizes?

Hi,

I've been tasked with creating a sign that is approx. height: 16 1/4" and approx. length: 227 1/2". In XARA, I cannot create a page size that large.

By reducing the dimensions by 4, I was able to create a page size of 4" x 57", which I could create in XARA.

Now I need to either create a PDF, or export to Adobe Illustrator to get this file to the people who will print the sign.

I'm not familiar with "printing", having used XARA mostly for web graphics, skins and GUI screen designs. Will the printer need a full size version?

I can scale my output when I create images, but I cannot do the same when I export to PDF.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Geekgrrl.

Default Re: How do you handle large page sizes?

As long as your proportions are correct, just export your PDF file and let the printing company scale the poster.

Keep in mind however that if your poster included photos, that the resolution also needs to be scaled.

So if your printing company needs your bitmaps at 300dpi and your file is at 25% actual size then you will need to increase the resolution of your bitmaps accordingly, or 1200dpi in this case.

Default Re: How do you handle large page sizes?

Gary,

Thanks for the information. Luckily the sign is all vector graphics

Geekgrrl.