Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 4 and website creation

I'm still trying to figure it all out....

I'm trying to create a website ideally with a blind transition between images in three panels, two images per panel. I am now realizing that I may not be possible to accomplish this yet with Xara alone, and so am going to probably dissolve for now.

I have created my first page and was hoping to create my buttons and flash within the same xara project using my pre-existing graphics. The Xara project is attached as a pdf for your perusal. The three larger images are intended to be three disolving flashes, side by side, and the buttons or menu bar is the six graphic buttons below.

My questions are...

1) Can I do this within the same project or do I somehow have to bring them into a separate project each for creation... and how do I then integrate them into the final webpage. Is this where I would have to get dreamweaver or some other software involved? If I have to create them all separately (buttons/menu bar and 3 side by side flashes) how do I get them to line up exactly where they should be on the final html page. Can I do this all in Xara?

2) What is the technique for transferring to an html page so that my center graphic with flash and buttons is the correct size for websites and not tiny when I export to html format?

I would sure hope not to tear down the work I've started to begin again.

Any input would be appreciated or direction to tutorials that address these specific issues.

Thanks,

Metro Golden
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Xara 4 and website creation

Metro Golden, it helps if you work at 100% and all your images are of equal size. I don't know why your pdf is so small.

You can create it all in Xtreme. You'll need 1 xar for the site and 3 separate xars for the Flash content.

Open the 2 attached xar files.

The one named "site" has 3 placeholders along the top. If you open the name gallery you will see they are named FLASH="left.swf", FLASH="centre.swf" & FLASH="right.swf" They are all 216 pix W x 272 pix H
    The navigation photo's are all the same size and you'll need to name these and give them web address like ##1, ##2, ##3, etc. I'd also create text links for search engines to follow. When you're happy you can then create the other pages via Edit / Pages / Duplicate current page.

But for now just export as site.htm

This create a sub folder site.htm_files automatically.

The one named "left" has the page size set to 216 x 272, the same as the place holders, is an animation xar which you export as "left.swf" into the site.htm_files folder.

Test your site.htm and you should see the Flash in the left placeholder.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Gary did a tutorial on html creation in the XaraXone a couple of months back which is excellent.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Xara 4 and website creation

I am totally grateful for the reply! I don't know why my pdf is so small although I was probably viewing at 200%. I didn't know view % would have an impact on exporting. I'm going to check out your suggestions as soon as I have the time. Thanks again for looking into it!