Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Creating Spot Color

OT: You can also use JCWPad to create and save your favourite color palette:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ghlight=jcwpad

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    My grandson wants me to print some of my cars for his room. I want them to look professional (as far as the printing goes), so would it be good for me to do my drawings using pantone colors and from those shades of my own creating?
    I hate to say it, but Photoshop is light-years ahead of Xara in this regard. If you are going to print them on your own printer, read no further, and give it a go and see what happens. If not, maybe the following will help you.

In PS, you can view a proof that shows the pixels in your drawing that won't print in a standard CMYK print as the colors you expect them to. Xtreme's 'simulated print colors' seems to darken your entire picture, but PS gives you pinpoint notification as to where it won't print as you expect. I would export your Xtreme drawing as a PNG at the dpi you want to print it at, and then view that in PS with the Gamut warning enabled ('Shift + Ctrl + Y' in CS2). If you don't have PS I guess the option is to try it at a printer and see what you get back. That would probably be much easier than setting everything up to use Pantone colors up front. A good printer will also probably be able to tell you where your drawing will print differently than you expect before printing.

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    My grandson wants me to print some of my cars for his room. I want them to look professional (as far as the printing goes), so would it be good for me to do my drawings using pantone colors and from those shades of my own creating? You guys are light years ahead of me on this stuff. I don't understand any of it.
    Ron,

Are there any transparencies, non-linear fills, feathering etc? Then forget about Pantones ).

The best solution is, as suggested, to make a raster image first. And probably to play with it (to improve colors etc) in the PS.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC