Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default videos, speech, music

If one wanted to put a video on a Xara site, would you draw a rectangle, label it and insert the video code into that rectangle?

To create the video, is this something Magix can do or would other software work better?

There are some programs that will read the text on a site - would the same way to insert apply?

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: videos, speech, music

Hi Jeb
    yes if you want to put in some video , you will need to make a place holder in xtreme for the place that you want the video.then you will have to manually edit the html file and the placeholder and there you will put the code for the video.
    As for making a video , Im not sure how to go about that. Magix may have some software for that. Im sure some other members have some info on video software.

Not sure I understand your last question. ?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Tks, Bruce -

There is software out there that will read text - MS has one as well, I think.

I didn't know how this is intergrated into a web site - if paste the code like objects or video in a place holder or if it resides by itself since it would not show in the web site itself but work somewhere in the background.

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Text-to-speech is not integrated or part of your website at all.

Windows Narrator or Opera's 'Voice' (to name two) simply read the text that's available on the page from the cached information.
    The engine is on your PC, not on the site.

Though Xtremes 'positioned' text may present problems, not sure as I don't use the feature.

I use Adobe Premiere. Not much of an Adobe fan, but I do like that program for videos. It isn't cheap tho. There are lots of Ho-made video programs out there (including Magics) If you don't expect much, then those programs will do the job.

If you want to really control the video then get Premiere. I have also heard that Sony's Vega product is pretty good. it costs too much for me to just buy... If you can find a Copy of Vega (pre -sony) on Ebay, then it should work great and be reasonable.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

I've tried them all - well maybe not, but it feels like it
    The only one that jells with me, is intuitive, works and prduces the results first (or second) time is from Womble.
    I could say it's the Xara Xtreme of video editing software

For converting to .swf or .flv I use Free Video To Flash Converter