Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Default Re: html or imagemap triggering a vector flash animation

I saw your post and thought I understood what you wanted, and it made sense. I used html export with a popup layer and on the 2nd layer put a placeholder with FLASH="myflash.swf" as the name.

Worked very well, I think.

http://bobbyharris.com/rollover.htm

Let me know if that's kinda the idea!
    Last edited by dogbertbh; 13 May 2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Changed the link to show 2 animation examples
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

excellent thats it !..I`ll try it, I`m supposing you can actually place the appearance of that flash animation anywhere as a pop up even though you mouse over the number one I`ll give it a shot.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by markyJ View Post
    excellent thats it !..I`ll try it, I`m supposing you can actually place the appearance of that flash animation anywhere as a pop up even though you mouse over the number one I`ll give it a shot.
    Yes you can. I actually used the number just to see if that would work.

It's absolutely possible with the flash elsewhere!
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

I`m having no luck with it actually,
    I can create the flash animation,
    but I can`t get the pop up to activate it.

I have a jpeg on a normal layer,
    then

xara help file reads:
    Popups
    ....A popup is implemented by simply adding a link to an object and setting that link to be the name of a layer. When you mouse-over the object, the associated layer is displayed.

For example, to make a photo change from black and white to full color when the mouse pointer is over it:

Position and size the original photo as required. Copy it to the clipboard.
    Click the white color on the Color Line to make it a black & white photo.
    Add a Web Address link to the photo by right clicking on it and choosing "Web address...". Set the URL field to the name of the layer you will create next. e.g. "Photo1MouseOver".
    Create a new layer with this name e.g. "Photo1MouseOver", in front of the layer containing the original photo.
    Paste the photo into the new layer from the clipboard. It can be anywhere on the page, or use "Edit -> Paste in place" to place the copy exactly on top of the old one.
    Now when you export and mouse over the black and white copy, it should display the full color copy.

You can have as many popups as you like in your design, each on its own layer. But always make sure that the popup layer is in front of, not behind, the layer or layers which reference it.

** I`m creating the second layer and naming it the same as what I named the link for the image to be moused over in step3, that initial image is on the normal layer.
    above that layer I create a layer 2, and name the layer the same as the link I created for image1 in CTRL SHIFT W.
    Here I`m having trouble as to how to get the animation onto that new layer,
    the animation was placed inside the html folder already, I named it flashdemo, do I have to create the placeholder in the animation document initially or do I create a placeholder on the xara document to be exported and name it the same as the flash file?
    do I name the placeholder FLASH="flashdemo.swf" or SWFObject="flashdemo.swf" ?
    how do I know the flash animation is on the layer 2 I created without having to export the html file to check?
    sorry,
    I understood Garys tutorial on creating pop ups but am stuffing this up..
    IP

I'll try to walk you thru it.

1: Create and name Layer 1.
    Layer 1 will have the object you'll be mouse-over'ing

2: Create and name Layer 2. Layer 2 will have any ADDITIONAL objects. images, shapes, etc.

3: On Layer 2, you put a placeholder for your swf file. It can be a square (If that's the shape of your animation) or whatever shape it needs to be.
    This is KEY. It should be the EXACT size and shape as your swf file.

4: Name this object (which ONLY appears on layer 2) FLASH="myflash.swf"

5: on Layer 1, select the mouse-over'd object to be, and using CTL-SHIFT-W put the name of Layer 2 and delete the stuff in the Target Frame section. You can leave it blank.

6: export html and it should work.
    I had some trouble with this when I first tried it, too.
    Remember to have your flash file in the myhtml.htm_files directory.

7: (MOST important step) DON'T PANIC and come back if you have trouble.
    Last edited by dogbertbh; 13 May 2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: One more thing
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Lightbulb Re: html or imagemap triggering a vector flash animation

Eureka ! I got it to work !! thankyou !
    step 7 was the most helpful (dont panic)..

now I want to build on that...
    With static popups,
    I would like to be able to mouse over a button or thumbnail to produce the pop up but when I move the mouse off the thumbnail the picture remains there, it doesn`t dissappear, and it is replaced only when I mouse over another thumbnail...

Another thing is I would like the vector animation to remain visible after it is complete, and likewise not dissappear when I mouse off the thumbnail or other object that triggered it. And only be replaced if I mouse over another object/thumbnail that has its own animation.
    So if I moused over a hand that triggered a vector animation that rolled out reading "welcome" I would like that to remain visible when I mouse off the hand, and then when I mouse over the head of the person the "welcome" is replaced by another placeholder animation reading "please enter",
    this is not what I am doing but just by example..
    IP

Step 7 is a VERY big help to me quite a lot.

Sage advice from the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

I think you need to look into using the _levels command. I used this on my site.

http://www.wernerauto.com/specialbuys.aspx

With the _level command you can have a button on the page (see the mazda section) and have whatever popups you need.

Let me know if you have any issues with it.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP