Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm really disappointed with CD11 vs CD9. When I go to open a file via CD the 'search' is so very slow. In CD9 I could key in 1 -3 letters of a file name and go right to the area of files. In CD11 I key in only one letter and after I get past any subdirectories to get to the files it is soooooo slowwww. I'm wondering if I made a mistake upgrading to 11. Does anyone think 9 is better than 11 besides myself? What are the advantages of 11?

Inphoenix

Seems like I'm making a pest of myself but I use CD for my business and I really rely on CD.
    IP

I use version 9, which covers most of my needs. I've tried versions 10, 11 and 12 and each caused me problems. The truth is however, that most of the improvements were not important to me anyway. One or two would be nice to have, but not important.

I found CD11 (and CD12) very poor. The node handles left artefacts on my screen. Menus and dialogues rolled out like they needed a good oiling and stability was not up to scratch.

Patches may have cured some problems and the fact I run Win 2K instead of XP may also be an issue, but I shouldn't have to wait for updates or change my OS just to run the latest version of Draw.

You need to determine your needs, decide whether you need the benefits of a more recent version and consider if the price you pay for these benefits are worth it. I'm a non-professional, so do not need to be fully up to date. Draw 9 also does everything I require of it, so it's an easy choice.

For what it's worth, CD9 doesn't save earlier selected versions during the save. It should, there's a checkbox in the Options Save as defaults page for this, but it doesn't work. That's Draw for you.

Finally, having purchased Illustrator 10 just before Xmas, I can tell you Draw, with all its issues, is still 100 times more user friendly. I prefer PhotoShop, over PhotoPaint, for the same reason.

Sark
    IP

Hey Sark, Seems we think alike. My biggest problem now is... I have modified a lot of my CD9 files in CD11 and some of them refuse to save as CD9 now. What a bummer. I guess I'll have to print out the 11s that won't save as 9s and just open my old 9s and modify them. It's going to be a bummer though as I have kajillions of 9s and now kabillions of 11s. So much for trying to keep up to date.

btw: running XP pro (sp1) on one pewter and 98SE on another.

Thanks so much for your help. I too have IS CS and PS 7 but I still mostly use PP and CD.

inphoenix
    IP