Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Creepy montage

Default Creepy montage

Xara, photographs and pen drawing.
    Exploring images for use on a CD cover for an ‘ambient electronic soundscapes’ album, working title ‘Asylum Bridge’, by a musician friend of mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red balloon.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	48390  
    Last edited by masque; 27 April 2008 at 05:31 PM.

Default Re: Creepy montage

Sure is, can't see the bridge though, I see a few shadows that resemble posts!

Nicely moody Don't know whether it's deliberate but the fence mid-right drew my eyes straight away as it looks like a music stave
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

very nice Derek - but very dark - not much detail to be seen on my LCD/srgb monitor - I only know thats a balloon because that's the image title - thought at first it was a red moon

interesting point John - now you come to mention it...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Image size increased a little as it is dark and vague details hard to see such as the string on the balloon. Music stave was not deliberate and I haven’t decided what to do with a bridge as yet though I have a drawing I'm working on; still playing, but I've added a figure which I was working towards when I first posted.
    The Asylum Bridge is something very specific and needs working into the image or a completely different image being built around it.

Don't know what the specific bridge is of course, but as it is (and as I see it, for what that's worth ) the image is going from light to dark - with perhaps a glimpse of light on the 'other side' - and the child is a bit of the light going into the dark with the balloon guiding ... a bridge in a way. I realise that's probably way off the mark (it's not a guessing game) it's just how it comes over to me so far.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Interesting concept Masque. Definitely dark and moody.

Having posted it and therefore looked at it through other peoples eyes, as well as my own I feel it has gone too dark. While I like the basic landscape I think I'm going to have a re-think and abondon this before it just goes totally black with a red balloon floating around and start again but thats often how these things go.
    Derek

Shades of grey... would be much better...

Although the black bear in the coal mine, with a red ballon isn't bad either...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

A couple of bleach transparencies and although it loses a bit in the mood department,
    at least we can see the good work you did Derek.

ECM Records go for the type of album cover that was dark and mysterious, rather like the avant-garde type of jazz they release.
    Tenor Saxophonist Jan Garbarek's covers are particularly good. His album "Dis" is exquisite both visually and musically.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red balloon lite.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	48462  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.