Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Xara Crashed on Saving

Hi Steve, thanks for the files but AVG found 2 threats with your zip file, trojan horse agent KZA...regards tao

I get the same message, also using AVG.
    Presumably a "false positive".
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Tao jones View Post
    Hi Steve, thanks for the files but AVG found 2 threats with your zip file, trojan horse agent KZA...regards tao
    Yes Tao, AVG Free is unfortunately becoming reknowned for FP's.
    Their latest move is for regular popups advertising their version 8 (which is including Yahoo Search bar ) - so in effect AVG is no longer freeware, but Ad-Ware
    I can however guarantee the files are safe, though if you feel uncomforatble about them - please just delete them.

NOTE: I just tested on another machine with AVG installed. The complier isn't causing AVG to panic, I think what's happening it that it's seeing a 'Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00' string in the file and assuming it's a Trojan horse agent KZA.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 23 April 2008 at 09:24 AM.

no trojans or anything else reported by Panda
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

FP's I learn something new everyday...thanks steve I will ignore the alarm bells and let the horse bolt..tao

The latest AVG Virus Base update (269.23.4/1395) no longer flags Sledger's MakeBakFiles as "False Positives".
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by PatentGuy View Post
    My general rule is - if I would be really ticked if I lost my document, I waited too long to save.

Having lost my share of documents, I now save VERY frequently - at least every 5 minutes. When I am typing, I save at least after every paragraph. Control-S is so automatic for me that I don't even think about it anymore.
    Long ago I used Corel Draw and it tended to crash a lot when saving or printing. I developed a habbit of regularly saving with an indexed number on the end. On big bits of work I at least index, but sometimes add an hourly index too!

FrogLtd_14_02 - file name_hour_save

Hard drive space is cheaper than time (well it is for me...)

DB

One of the features I like about Blender (besides that it can be configured to save as many backup files as you want) is that if there's a number at the end of your filename, pressing the + or - key in the save window will increment or decrement it. So whenever I get to a new stage in modeling or whatever it's very fast to save under a new version.

A lot trickier to pull off when you're not using your own file dialog, though...
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.