Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with shape editor tool

I found that in Xtreme 3.2 if ever I clicked on the edge of a shape where there wasn't currently a node, the shape editor tool would add a node at that point, which was great. Just what I wanted.

I'm finding now with V4.0 that if I try and do the same the shape editor seems to start building a new line and seemingly ignoring my existing shape.

I am assuming that I clicked something previously that changed the parameters of the tool. Can somebody tell me if this is so, and if so what I have to click to get it to do it again?

Default Re: Help with shape editor tool

It works in both versions if you FIRST select that object with the Selector Tool.
    -=Bob=-

Thanks Bob. It does seem to be working now. The other night I was trying it and it didn't seem to be behaving the same way.

I think I must be losing it. http://jkwebdesign.net/lsocbb/images.../confused1.gif

JK,

You were probably trying it on a preset shape like an Ellipse or Rectangle. These can't be edited with the Shape Editor tool until they've been converted to Editable Shapes.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Kind of you to attempt to spare my shame Egg.

However the only shapes I had created at the time were closed ones drawn with the pen tool. I don't know what I was doing wrong. I can't re-create the effect now (thankfully).

Hi,

Noticed the same thing
    In 3.2 you could convert a circle or rect shape to editable shapes and with the shapetool directly edit the nodes.
    Now you must ungroup first.

Hans

No ungrouping necessary here (latest 4 update). Works as always.
    -=Bob=-

Bob,

Have also the latest version
    But when making a rect or circle,even in quickshape after CES i cannot edit a node,only after ungrouping

Hans

After CES of ellipse, square/rectangle, quickshape, the option to Ungroup on my computer isn't even available. It's grayed out. You sure you're just drawing a circle, converting to editable shape, and then trying the shape editor tool? Are you perhaps selecting a different "converting" choice?
    -=Bob=-

Think it has to do with timing(maybe my selecting needs some time after the conversion)
    Now works fine.

**Before it was,at least here,now it isn't,Uhmnn,Quirky**

Hans
    Last edited by haakoo; 18 April 2008 at 02:52 PM.