Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: A little Xara Sketch

I really like the hand drawings -- really-really excellent.

Regarding the subject matter: don't take a print out to school. You could find yourself suspended. For many it is disturbing to think a young person has thoughts of such violence and it can be seen as a risk to the safety of the school. Over-reaction? Perhaps, but what one person sees as funny or grim can suggest a seriously disturbed person to another. If you do find yourself enthused by thoughts of violence please talk about it to an adult. (Just not an adult who is a guns dealer ).

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 06 April 2008 at 11:05 AM.

I don't know, when I was young I used to do a lot of Conan type art with people mutilating each other (and mythical beings) with swords etc....
    My commercial art teacher encouraged me and actually loved my work. It did not come from any under laying issues... to me, it was just drawing... as I'm sure is the same here...

Nice drawing, i like the hands, not like the concept but the image it´s good
    I can't stop of working.. I will have the eternity to rest
    Madre Teresa de Calcuta.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Geminiguy -- perhaps you need repressed memory therapy to discover why you really drew violent images??

I had an instructor at university who believed the subject matter of a drawing is totally irrelevant. He claimed he only looked at the energy, colour, flow of the lines etc. In his mind, he claimed, he saw things only as an abstractionist. I argued that the subject of what you draw does matter as images communicate so much more than energy, colour, flow of the lines etc. --- to prove it I made a collage featuring a topless playboy model, arms above her head holding a big phallus. Overall it did feature "energy, colour, flow" etc. in a competent composition that was pleasing to look at, even though the subject was intentionally provocative. In reviewing the images in class he quickly passed over mine. I then confronted him that the subject matter did in fact matter and that my image demonstrated he was full of crap. He didn't like me.

What does matter is context. Drawing violent images if you are a disturbed individual, and showing others, might well be a cry for help. On the otherhand if you are dreaming up a cool horror movie concept then perhaps the violence is just for fun. Kaffeperkulator, in posting his violent images offered us no context. Thankfully his or her good-natured response to the comments suggest we needn't worry.

Regards, Ross

PS - I enjoy 'Itchy & Scratchy' on the Simpsons.
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 07 April 2008 at 10:34 AM.

You could be right... maybe sometimes we act out on paper, that which we could not act out in real life.... (because of morals)
    Perhaps the victim of his image, is the person who left the shopping cart up against his car at the market the day before?
    Either way, I try not to dig too deep into the psyche of others.. as it can be a rather scary experience

No worries being suspended over a picture, I live in sweden, and they dont take it so hard ^^ Anyways there no reason taking it to school, study at an university to become an ingeneer, this is outside my studies

Anyway, my psyche is nothing to be worried about, I live a good life with girlfriend (since 3 years back), studying, partying and training ;D

I've found some time editing the image now, this is what is at the moment, enjoy (at least, try not to vomit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pangpangpang.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	47822  

I knew I'd have to figure out how to use that ignore user feature sooner or later. I was hoping it would be later.

Good improvement on the perspectives.
    Hmmm... At the 3 year mark with girlfriend, engineer, and partying....... OK, think I fully understand the origin of the illustration now
    Just kidding.... carry on

Just wanted to add.... This could be dangerous... an engineer who will be able to draw his own schematics.......

Strong, clear and ideolagical drawing!
    But a little bloody!