Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can we create frames from images in Xara Xtreme?

I knew I saw that someplace before...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Thank you for your explanation, Now that i know how to apply the frame on a picture, is it possible to design a frame like that one using one single image? i mean i'd like to make my own frame using any picture i have and repeat it in a smart way without monotony maybe different shapes or whatever

Milion thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Yes.

OK Here's how you do this.

Find an image like this copyrighted image. The image needs to be silhouetted. You can do this by drawing an outline around the objects that connects to make a filled shape or if the image has a solid colored background, using something like the Live Effects > Mehdi > Eraser Classic to drop out the back ground color. Here is a Workbook article for how to silhouette the image using a closed shape.

Position and duplicate the image around a rectangle as shown in the top example. When you have done this, send the rectangle to the back if it is not already there.

Set the fill and outline to none.

Select all the shapes and the invisible rectangle and from the Arrange menu, select Apply ClipView.

For a new user this may be a lot to digest. But give it a try and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Gary

I followed your instructions , i had a picture which i designed as a background, feathered and applied transparency to lighten it, then copied the frame i made and pasted it on this background, what happened is that the background is partially overlaying the frame , i tried to move it backwards and it is disappearing , what to do to make the frame overlaying the background , when i am bringing the frame to the front the background disappears too !

I am grateful to your support !

A pic or attaching the Xara file would help us find an answer better.
    ~ DanDaBear ~
    Some people think inside the box, Some people think outside the box, I think about the box

Thank you very much for your concern , the problem was that the picture was going behind the white space of a frame .

Thanks !