Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with menu text not showing

I have been using webstyle 4 and putting navbars into websites with occassional problems.

I am using Expressions Web and Webstyle 4. One time I put a navbar into a website and everything works ok, then I will try and put one into another site and the text on the sub menus do not show. I can go in and change something like the transparency on the submenu that would also be a visible change and this change is seen but still no text on the sub menu.

Has anyone experienced this problem and what could it be other than a bug in the program?

Any info would be appreciated.

Default Re: Problem with menu text not showing

Does no one from Xara Tech Support monitor these forums?

It has been almost a month and no reply.

I love all of the Xara Products.

The Customer Service has a great deal to be desired!

Again I will ask the question.

I am having an issue of the submenu text not showing up on navbars that I have created in Webstyle 4. The menu background shows and the link seems to be active but no text visible.
    Can anyone give any insight to this issue?

Again Thanks for any info

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I do not know how often anyone from Xara Ltd visit the forums.

I do know their entire staff has been very busy with the latest release of Xara Xtreme.

Can you post a link to some page or pages that exhibit the problem you are having?

Without specific examples it is very difficult to even hazard a quess as to what may be the problem.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have any of the navbars that do not work published. I test all of my websites on my machine before publishing. I will put one of the pages up that is exhibiting this issue and give the path to it. It will take me a day or so to get this done. I am out of pocket right now. I will reply again when this is done.

Again Thanks

Jeff

I am have this same problem but it appears to be with w3c complient templetes. You can see it at www.dallasavenuebaptistchurch.org/zone56index

mediadabc,

Which web authoring software are you using to publish the website?

Jeff

I am using dreamweaver cs3 and the templete is w3c complient.

Just Curious as to what you are using?

I looked at it again tonight and it worked first thing. I went back in and made an edit to the submenu and the text stopped showing up. It is becoming very annoying.

I did determine that if you play with the doctype string at the top of the webpage and change it back to an older version the submenu text seems to reappear, but why on some of them does it work with the current acceptable doctype string? The lines are beginning to blur from the insanity.

Jeff

Xara Customer Service got back to me and gave me this link to a none problem with webstyle 4:
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2519

The issue is that if you use an Italic text in the submenu it will not be displayed. I verified this was the issue I was experienceing and I removed the Italic text and it worked correctly.

Jeff