Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Webstyle 4 problem in Vista

I got this error (attached) when starting Webstyle 4. I re-installed and ran As an Administrator.
    No solution to the problem.
    I am getting errors of different kind when running other Xara products.
    Anybody has a recommendation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraWebstyle error.JPG 
Views:	422 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	47068  

Default Re: Webstyle 4 problem in Vista

I am working with FrontPage 2002. Before purchasing a new computer I was working with Window XP, after purchasing a new computer it came with Window Vista. Ever since using the new computer my nav menus don’t show in my web page after publishing them.

I don’t know what is wrong. After updating my web site and saving my work, I click on the view web page in web browser and everything works fine. But when I navigate to the web site in a new browser window after publishing it the nav menus are not there. Is there some kind of conflict with Window Vista and Xara Webstyle 4? I need to get my nav menus back on my site, www.encorebaton-dance.com.

Hello Mutch,

Publishing your site is a function of Frontpage and not Webstyle. Webstyle simply creates the images and the javascript and Frontpage saves them into your project folder. When you publish Frontpage connects to your service provider and transfers the files.

I suspect that the User Account Control (UAC) in Vista may be causing problems with the file transfer or even blocking the connection to your service provider.

Try starting Frontpage by right clicking the icon and selecting Run as administrator from the popup menu. This will allow Frontpage to run with elevated privileges and transfer files as it did in Windows XP.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

After following several suggestions to get Webstyle 4 going under Vista, and several suggestions from Xara Support, I am pleased to inform you that the problem was resolved by downloading and installing from Microsoft MSXML.
    I did not try to run my other two Xara products but I will be doing so this weekend.
    Thanks for the suggestions.