Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is your "XARA for Websites" workflow

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    I base my research on the fact that many more older folks wear bifocals. It is a fact of life that as a person ages, there eyes are not as good as they once where. Do you have research saying the opposite?
    But we haven't seen your research yet John..?

Of course it's undeniable that as we age certain things become impaired.
    For some, their sight begins to fail, for others it is the progressive decline in cognitive function.
    For those who need glasses, the relationship between screen resolution and the wearing of them surely can only be of the skill of the optometrist.

However, it has to be recognised that there are very many young people who also need optical assistance. Sales show that this doesn't prevent them from buying larger (& even dual) higher resolution screens.

As for the percentage of older 'folks' having trouble after moving an icon or other basic PC operations - well, I think there is more relationship between dementia than failing sight in this regard (along with a fair amount of "can't be botheredness to learn")

Of course, I acknowledge that your experience may be quite different in your rural area..
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 March 2008 at 04:53 AM.

I'm wearing TRI-focals and I LOVE my resolution at 1280x1024 and it's crystal clear!
    -=Bob=-

I wear bifocals and run 1024X728 on a 17 inch screen. So I am in the same boat. I know when I create a website for an organization that is comprized of older folks they really have a problem with 10 pitch and thank me for using 14 pitch as a default.

I am not trying to start a fight here or anything. If I offended anyone I apologize.

My research is based off of observations I have seen through my life. If you need a research paper, sorry I don't have any. If your experience leads you to believe that all folks can see just the same and know everything there is to know about computers, then I will gradly retract everything I have said. I was just trying to help.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by juergen View Post
    Juergen

PS: Instead of creating a rectangle to symbolize the page you can use a layer with an empty browser window to display your results. If I recall correctly there is even a .xar file with IE in various resolutions somewhere at TG.
    Yes Jurgen, that is correct - look here: http://www.xaraxone.com/html/templates.html
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"