Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Changing default values

I do a lot of simple illustrations which rarely exceed 16 colours but I want to export them as PNG files at relatively high resolution. My copy of Xara defaults to a Trucolor setting and 96 dpi which are not the settings I want.

Does anyone know how to change these defaults permanently?

Default Re: Changing default values

In my version (3.2.4) the colour depth remains at 'last used' even if I close and reopen XaraXtremePro. DPI value is however reset to 96.

There may be a registry value that can set a new default DPI.
    I know Bill Taylor often hunts these down... Bill?

Hi, Not as far as I'm aware. I believe XXP will remember your export settings during the time the app is loaded but as soon as you shut it down and reopen it it will default to Tuecolour / 96 dpi
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You see that's what you get when you ask for advice. 2 conflicting answers. Sledger is correct though and my answer was incorrect. Sorry about that.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I searched the registry for a way to set a default export bitmap dpi and no luck there.

There is a way to set a default dpi for create bitmap copy.

There is a way to set the default export bitmap depth (24 bit is the default when first installed).

No ExportBitmapDPI setting and when I added one the program was unable to detect the setting existed.

Maybe in a future version.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update