Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: .XAR to CorelDrawX3

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I believe .AI export retains layers
    Layers aren't an issue or requirement.
    XARA's ai export is also very limited.

Tao jones: Maybe you should learn draw and do it straight in the program. It is not that bad I have just tried the trial version of the new X4. I am sort of impressed with it...tj
    Sigh - It may have to come to that, but impressed with CD I have never been. It's a pig of an application which goes from A to Z to get to B.
    What takes 10 clicks in CD can be done with 2 in XARA.
    XARA's tools are intuitive, fast and fun. CD is a chore.
    My philosophy is, "If it's difficult, then it's wrong" I don't have time to waste on drilling through endless menus and flyouts while trying to maintain inspiration.
    XaraXP has got it right.

'sort of impressed' with the X4. I think corel is improving since it has been taken over... It is better than AI which I just can't get my head around....but I agree xara is the go..

X4 looks more promising so far.

X4 will open most complex XARA drawings (so far) that I export to PDF/X 1a
    XARA is actually having some trouble with very detailed drawings, the program often stops responding when trying to write to PDF/X 1a though unchecking 'Optimze for web' as Tao suggested appears to have helped here.
    PDF/X-3 is also better supported with files sizes slightly smaller.
    (Optimze for web also unchecked)

Using the above in X4 now allows most shapes and text remain as editable with shadows and other effects being rendered as bitmaps rather than the entire drawing as was the case in X3.

32bit CMX also appears to be mostly acceptable now, though a few tests have resulted in a real mess or crashed X4.

More experimentation needed before I'm convinced though ..

Next problem will be the Mimaki FineCut plotting software integration with X4..... (Currently version 7 only integrates with X3)