Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: adding spinning logo to slideshow

Hi Steve

No need for you to apologise as your being a great help, it should be me thats apologising as I must be a real pain but i'd really like to get this logo proper for my project.

I'm happy to say that i've discovered that if I do my slideshow in Windows Movey maker it takes both GIF and AVI so will probably use that to make the project in.

The photo for the background is below in JPEG format if thats any good to you.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alexander. Emma, Grace & McKenzie (1150 x 850).jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	44515  

how big should it be?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ok ) you made it a bit too big for the resolution of the photo - this is a gif limitation as it has limited color depth very noticable in photos - and as mentioned the background in xara3D is really for texture and not precisely placed photos - it tiles and stretches and there is not much control - though there are experts around who work wonders [not me]

I saved the logo only as animated gif with transparent background - opened this in xara xtreme and simply placed the photo behind the animated logo there, and sized accordingly.

You did the hard work - all I did was place the photo - you may be able to do this in your movie program if you do not have xtreme - thereby avoiding the gif/photo limitation - or could use flash or maybe a higher resolution photo? - but I am no expert at doing this with flash/swf in xtreme - maybe someone else can if needs be

best I can do at 2.00am

Name:	new.gif 
Views:	214 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	44521  
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 January 2008 at 01:19 AM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi Steve

That is exactly what I wanted to produce thanks mate I know what you mean about being the best you can do at 2.00am as i'm also in the UK.

I have a sleep disorder and sleep all the time doing this was keeping me from falling asleep LOL but I just had to give into it at 12.40 as was very tired.

Anyway thanks again for all your hard work can you tell me what size I should make these so as I can put it on my slideshow project?

Cheers

Jim

Ps unfortunately I don't have Xara extreme.

I work very variable hours - all depends whats going on - we are on flood warning again here

Any way I reduced your image to approximately 284x215 pix - precise amount of reduction is not critical - its just that too big 'beaks up'.
    That said - if you use that size of image in xara3D it will tile a lot - and I don't know if that can be avoided, other than by using a higher resolution image in the first place.
    So I used xara xtreme to put in the background. Most who use xara3D have xtreme [or other vector drawing program] as you need this to make spinning logos with shapes as in the classic spinning football logo.
    IF you don't have xtreme you can download a trial here
    http://www.xara.com/products/xtreme/
    either version will do for this - you can also use webster which used to come with xara3d?
    Note when I reduced the photo - I re-exported it as a png not a jpg - this is because jpg is a 'lossy' format and even at zero compression there is always degredation when you resave a jpg as another jpg. In fact if you can go back to source and make the photo montage as png in the first place, that will almost certainly help.
    Any problems with any of this ask away

Name:	testsmall.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	44525  
    Nothing lasts forever...

Welcome Jim,

Steve's spot on. The best way to control the background image so it doesn't tile is to set the Xara3D frame to the same size as the background image. See below and attachments.

Name:	!jpg.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	44537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jimr.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	44538  

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg - be a while before I catch up with you [if ever ]
    Nothing lasts forever...