Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

Default Re: Feature suggestion

New software behavior that is altered from all previous releases (not including new improved features) = Bug. To me anyways...

Just because I'm the only one posting this, Please don't assume that it's rare usage of the gallery. Perhaps it's rare for those visiting this forum, the few Xara users that visit. What percentage of Xara users actually visit TG? I'm guessing it's very low... 1-3% max!
    I don't remember responding to Sledger when he posted that this use of the gallery was rare. He may have been correct for TG visitors.

I find it difficult to believe that a function created for the clipart gallery on all previous version of Xara up to Xpro. That I'm the only one using the gallery this way. If this is correct (which I know it's not) then everyone should start playing the lottery or entering publishers clearing house because ya got a windfall coming...

I've worked with several different companies over the last 10 years, those that used Xara have used the galleries for accessing Xara created files & clipart (the clipart could have been used occasionally by some but not by me).
    In fact, we had an entire office that browsed Xara files from within the clipart gallery from LAN specific folders under contract or job names. It was a great way to keep all our multi user Xara source files together at one location on the LAN. The Source Xara Files were saved to specific locations & Xara was used in this manner for browsing & updating.

I consider the "group glass" issue to be a bug as well because it's a changed behavior from all previous versions of Xara. My guess is that something was lost in the translation of code to Open source. Call it backward programming or as Jon said "lazy code".

Let the flaming begin....
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

ok already - don't get me wrong I fully understand what a bummer it can be when you have invested a lot in a particular way of doing things and then it gets changed.

Its happened to me in other areas, probably happened to most of us - so I do sympathise

You may be right about it not being intentional - I don't actually know - but I can see real sense in the way it is now, given that it is not labelled as a browser function, so I hesitate to call it a bug.

Maybe Xara will comment?

Edit - it is remember only not saving to the clipart gallery if you have opened/imported from there - this does make sense from the point of view of clipart?
    Last edited by handrawn; 04 January 2008 at 05:54 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

On Earth for A Little While / With Christ for Eternity

[QUOTE=handrawn;235297]
    Maybe Xara will comment?
    QUOTE]

Doubt it.

OK already = funny! Point taken...

Yes, I rather did get use to using Xara that way. Awhile ago, I went to the Xara site & didn't find a way of purchasing X1. The last of the great versions.....

We'll see what the next patch does. I Bet we get a new realease before another patch.
    ----------- _~o
    ----------- '\<,, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
    ><>____(_)/ (_) - in order to gain that which he cannot loose." JE

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Windows XP can handle approximately 3000 fonts before having very erratic problems including system slowdown.
    XP may be able to handle 3000 fonts, but individual applications can have trouble if there are any more than 200.

Quote Originally Posted by amoore View Post
    XP may be able to handle 3000 fonts, but individual applications can have trouble if there are any more than 200.
    I have over 800 fonts installed, and have had easily over 500 since Windoze 95. I have only ever had one application balk at over 250 fonts and that was Corel Ventura Publisher 4.2 and that's going back a long time ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Default Re: Feature suggestion: Fonts Gallery

Actually, Ventura 10 has a problem when you go over 200, but only when it comes to a few areas in which you can customize the UI (which is almost infinitely customizable). However, I've run into the limitation with other apps, as well. Since I hate scrolling through multitudinous fonts anyway, I stay well below 200 most of the time, so I can't give you specifics off the top of my head.

Lets face it, most of us rarely use more than 50 different fonts anyway. MOST ......... !
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

...but not all!
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Lets face it, most of us rarely use more than 50 different fonts anyway. MOST ......... !
    I agree 100%
    Though some days we might need to use over 50....

I constantly struggle to keep my number of installed fonts below 1,000.

I'm a total font junkie, with more than 20,000 in my ever-growing collection. I have no problem with that number of fonts in MS Office applications, or in XaraXtreme Pro.

But I often will use more than 50 different fonts in a single day...and a lot more than that in any given week. (I do not, however, use more than two or three in a single document unless for some really special purpose. I don't want my work to look like a newspaper from the 1800's, when you might see 20 or 30 fonts on a single page.
    ---
    Will