Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
Those other programs you mentioned might be better at laying out type, but I doubt they could handle graphics any better.
That's why you use a graphics app for your graphics, and a DTP app for type and pages.

Ventura has drawing and bitmap manipulation tools. They come in handy on occasion, but I wouldn't dream of using them for doing the bulk of my graphics work. That's not what they're intended for.

However, Ventura is a whiz when it comes to assembling documents, however complex. It's superb when it comes to handling type. Xara's type tool continues to improve, but it's not up to Ventura's level, and it doesn't necessarily need to be. Only InDesign is better that Ventura regarding type. OTOH, you may not need ID's superduper type tools unless you're doing very high-end or formal work. And personally, I find that Ventura's speed, flexibility and efficiency make it a much more viable choice for my purposes.

In many respects, Ventura is to DTP what Xara is graphics. They're both super at what they do, a joy to use, and very able design partners.