Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: svg problems

Hybrid View

Default Re: svg problems

Thanks for the information Con. I found where the behavior for the Alt key can be changed in PCLOS shortly after posting the question.

I was on my way to edit my post when I saw your reply

Paul can you post an SVG file exported from Xara LX so I can disect it to see what may be causing other apps to not read it correctly?
    Last edited by Soquili; 30 November 2007 at 11:41 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yup... gimme a few though., I have two children not playing very nice at the moment
    IP

As far as I know, there was no SVG export filter available in the Open Source project. There was a first step of a import filter which supports only some simple SVG shapes, but nothing more. After this, the development stopped under Linux.

Remi
    IP

Hi Remi,

There have been a few independent developers working on import and export filters for XaraLX.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Perhaps I'm wrong, but AFAIK Alex and Luke were the developers of the SVG filter and their last change (with the import filter) was in June 2007.

Remi
    IP

If you're interested Dai... keep in touch and I will see if I can get someone to take some time and really look at it??
    Yes very interested same as you, I prefer XaraLX to Inkscape. I was thinking of taking some of the exercises in the workbooks and making them into screencasts for the community. Just my way of promoting XaraLX to stir up interest in this brilliant programme. I'll have to ask the editor of PClos mag if he would reproduce some of the tutes to promote Xara to the community (so long as Xara have no objections). With greater interest should come greater suport from the developers.
    IP

Dai.. if you're part of the PCLOS community, why dont you come over to "My-PCLOS" and see me on the beautification team so I can draft you

I'm trying to get all my items related to this together to get to anyone here interested. I am not very "techie" by any means. Everything I had was on a different machine than this one and I have not touched any of it in a while. We were working on it but other things of higher priority overcame our plight
    I will, over the next couple of days, do my best to get everything together to put forward here.
    I already sent an "empty file" to someone so.... I'll get it eventually Stay-tuned
    IP

no problem be happy to come over to the myplcos team
    IP