Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i agree. least they came out with one more version b4 it took place.
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike.S:
    i agree. least they came out with one more version b4 it took place. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Was PSP 9 made before Corel bought Jasc?
    IP

Hi Matt,

PSP 9 came out just before the public announcement that Corel bought the company. I venture to say that negotiations were going on but Corel did not have any say in the developement of PSP 9.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Corel did a great job on the Painter IX up grade perhaps they will be good to PSP.
    PSP 9 is a good update though some have found it a bit buggy I haven't had any problems with it yet.
    Here is my first painting using PSP 9 media brushes:
    http://www.indeptharts.com/album_thu...php?pic_id=365
    Elvira
    IP

I have found PSP so much easier to use
    in so many ways, and I love the painting palette, aswell as the fact that you can quickly access vector tools in a bitmap editing app. Ive wanted that in photoshop for ages,
    but for colour correction photoshop is the standard, PSP doesnt have cie, lab or cmyk
    colour correction options
    so there not in the same ballpark.
    I wish they`d incorporate them.
    well unless your printing to plage cmyk is not
    as important, still lab and cie are excellent
    for many colour manipulation and balancing
    jobs.

Mark J
    IP

IP

PSP works in most ways like Photoshop and it is far easier to use than PhotoPaint. Corel knows that PSP has a wide following and many loyal users. Apart from buying it to put it out of business as Adobe may be doing with Macromedia's Dreamweaver and Flash, Corel seems to be continuing the idea of what PSP is about, a reasonable quality program that is easy to learn. If you have need of moving up, trying and buying into other products that Corel offers has got to be on their minds.

And there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes people want more than what PSP can do and need to be able to get a vector drawing program.

Although Xara has survived the split with Corel, the heavy isn't Corel in this arena, it's Adobe. Check out the difference in the cost of their products, who is ripping people off anyway? Corel wants to keep its head above water. Corel wants to build user trust and that won't happen if they purchased PSP in order to stop supporting it and archive it. PhotoPaint could use some of the features of PSP to improve its performance. Corel is not like Adobe, it needs to make a profit to stay in business. Buying PSP to put it out of business is unaffordable to them.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP