Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Some viewers of my website can't view the Menus I created with Menu Maker 1.1. Each of the users are browsing with IE 6. Yet something is blocking them from seeing the Menus. This is frustrating.

Do they need to install something special (Ie Java stuff)?

Website is: http://dfwtejanos.com

they must have .JS turned off, which is an main part of the MM menu...

Ive gone through their configurations and not sure what eles to do. Using Tools|Internet Options|Advance...I made sure "Use Java..." was checked and made sure "Java Console enabled".... is checked.

Then Tools|Internet Options|Security|Custom Level...under Scripting I made sure "Scripting of Java Applets" was enabled.

Some folks even download the Java Installation and installed it. That did nothing for them either.

What else can I do? If I have this problem, I'm sure somebody else must have it too.

If anybody else, in this group, has trouble seeing these menus, let me know.

Try changing the pointer for the menu from IncludeItems/TejanosMenu/xaramenu.js to /IncludeItems/TejanosMenu/xaramenu.js...

I'm not sure why that would work? Are you looking at the source of the home page? At one time, I fully qualified the path and that did not work either.

I assume you are talking about this script:
    <script menumaker src="IncludeItems/TejanosMenu/tejanosmenu.js"></script>

Because the actual Include is as shown:
    U-Include="http://dfwtejanos.com/IncludeItems/TejanosMenu/TejanosMenu.html"

In this case I put the full path.

Let me know.... and thanks for your input. If this was the error, why would it display okay for 95% of the people?

hi Jco,

I really have no idea either, but when it doubt, you just have to wing it until you stumble on the cause of the problem. Sounds like those 5% are those folks who have trouble viewing anything more than flat HTML, and that is on a good day.

You might want to suggest having those with problems try doing a spyware scan.
    With that few having problems, it sounds like IE may have been corrupted somehow. Maybe even a reinstall of IE.
    The menus look great on 3 test machines I have (all IE 6 SP2).
    There is a compatibility list in the FAQ section, but IE should be ok - are they on MACs? I have seen some issues with the menus on the MAC OSX IE 6 in viewing the menus...

Thanks for your post. I have contact the people that are having problems and those that are capable (computer Literate) have done spyware searches. In one case a person is running Norton Firewall but it appears that all of the settings, based on what he has told me, are correct. I can only assume that the Norton Firewall is interfering in some manner.

I have one (1) customer, for sure, that is using a Mac. He can see the menus with no problems. Makes sense to me that I only have one Mac user (ha ha).

Also, if anybody else wants to view this site and let me know if they have problems... the site is:

http://dfwtejanos.com

Thanks

The only broswer I had any trouble with was netscape 4.72. IE, firefox and mozilla looked clean and funtioning.