Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What would you do to "sexify" this graphic

HI All,
    Doing a site for a friend, and lost all imaginative inspiration the other day, so finally decided to ask for inspiration here. I uploaded a quite boring header graphic at this page and wondered what you would do make it more attractive.... I am considering changing the graphic totally so what would you do? We are playing with general layout and all that stuff so don't be too harsh if u choose to leave comments.
    Be as imaginative or as mundane as you please.... some end of week entertainment...

Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 30 August 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: What would you do to "sexify" this graphic

Change it (and the page) entirely. The products should be on the page. They are too small to recognize, and the fact that they happen to look like toothpaste colors make the first thought into something about them being associated with her teeth. XPE can be used to make the tooth girl look more bronze. Change the sides to make them look more solid. The entire page is too light. If your product is tanning stuff, you probably want a tanned lady on a beach chair or something that you can profile across the top, so the viewer can recognize it, and their mind is linked to the result, not the product. To me, as it stands now the page comes across as purely about tooth whitening on the first pass.

I think its great. If your after tooth whitening. which it seems like your target audience for the ad.

Too white... too teethy...
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Andy

I do wonder if when you have battled with a design you (one) start to feel tired with it and it loses the impact that you hoped it would have. However, a fresh pair of eyes can see it in the way you intend - fresh and helpful/useful/good-enough-to-make-you-buy etc.

Try applying this rule: AIDA

Does the page Attract your attention?
    Does the page Inform you about what it is (selling)?
    Does the page create Desire, making you want it?
    Does the page call you to Action, telling you how to get it, who to call etc?

So although your design hits a lot of this, it is rather confused. The photo and taglines work well but the logo is too big and confuses with its taglines, the product images are too small and possibly irrelevant - are they tooth-related?

And the call to action is blocked by the navbar - the eye does not know where to go after the main taglines.

(I was surprised how effective applying AIDA was - I had looked at the page originally and thought it was ok )

Hope that helps...
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hi
    I did something very similar a little while ago for print and the web. I don't think there is anything much wrong with your graphics. Its clean, clear and well laid out.
    I must admit its the photograph that puts me off. I think you need a photo of some more human teeth rather than a mouth that could be used to guide ships home in a fog. This whole tippexed teeth business can be taken too far and I think your is a little too luminescent.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dental.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	40973  

Do a Google on it to get an idea how other designers have done it, I did and what a laugh it was. I think it was the 6th one down has used the same pair of teeth that you have used and the 1st one goodness knows how it got its ranking it certainly was not from a design point of view.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I like the image of the girl smiling. Maybe a bit to large. Just a thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smileimage.gif 
Views:	273 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	40974  

i think the page looks good, but try changing the yellow fade on the edges to blue, which would highlight the womans eyes and take away from her smile a little, while still getting the point aross.

Yellow is not a good color for white teeth. Your heading needs work too, text is weak. Also she is not smiling she is showing her teeth.