Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: XPro 3.2 Shipping Now

for indeed it is truely said: "a man's words are a mirror into his soul"

aint got mine yet... sigh
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    What version is the CD install out of interest? 3.2.3?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	version.gif 
Views:	341 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	40450  

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I'm surprised no formal announcement on here has been made - like what things are different with this release.

I'm more surprised that the download version was replaced by the CD version - isn't 3.2.3.2440 (Download, dated 31 July) a newer version than 3.2.3.2325 (CD, dated 17 July)?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I'm more surprised that the download version was replaced by the CD version - isn't 3.2.3.2440 (Download, dated 31 July) a newer version than 3.2.3.2325 (CD, dated 17 July)?
    Having installed my newly-arrived CD version (3.2.3.2325 - 17 July), should I now download and install 3.2.3.2440 (31 July) to be fully up to date?

Last edited by ankhor; 09 August 2007 at 04:41 PM.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Smile Re: XPro 3.2 Shipping Now

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Possibly the lack of excitement is due to the changes made to the program that dedicated users find as unneeded.
    In hindsight, a wiser path may have been for Xara to have provided the shortcut customization capability but left the defaults where they were. Then, provide user selectable/configurable "profiles" which could emulate other apps, such as Adobe Illustrator. By providing pre-canned profiles, the user can easily make it work like an app they're already familiar with, if they so choose, but existing users remain happy. Although I have Pro, the shortcut customization should be in the non-pro version, IMO...

BTW, still waiting for CD in rainy central NY...

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    In hindsight, a wiser path may have been for Xara to have provided the shortcut customization capability but left the defaults where they were. Then, provide user selectable/configurable "profiles" which could emulate other apps, such as Adobe Illustrator. By providing pre-canned profiles, the user can easily make it work like an app they're already familiar with, if they so choose, but existing users remain happy.
    Maybe there are technical considerations - but that is one might fine suggestion.
    Certainly registry fixes are not the panacea some think they are - simply because you have to be at least half geek to be competent enough to attempt them safely.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I guess a lot of things have changed from the norm in terms of added features because it was a small update. It will be interesting to see what the next major version brings (v4?); I'm hoping for quite a lot in that one. Version 1.0-2.0 added the LE tool, but most of the work was behind the scenes, future-proofing the code. Version 2.0-3.0 added flash, multipage, text, and import/export enhancements, but a lot of development time was spent on XaraLX. 3.0-3.2 was just a minor upgrade adding stuff that came about due to the release of the Magix version. 3.2-4.0(?) isn't likely to have any of these hinderances, and so maybe will be a more substantial update than we are used to? But who knows? (Except the Xara team). I'm hoping we'll see most, if not all, of the features that are becoming common on most competitors products, and hopefully something more. But I guess this is leading to a new thread topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    But I guess this is leading to a new thread topic.
    Okay, to keep the thread on-topic:

Is it possible to end up with an installation of just Xtreme and *not* the Magix photo-fiddling app?