Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent Background?

I haven't used Xara 3D for awhile and for the life of me I can't remember how to render with a transparent background. So how do I do it?

Marlene

Default Re: Transparent Background?

Export as .gif or .png and in the Export dialog make sure the Transparency checkbox is ticked. Before Exporting set the background color to match you will use. Unless you need the shadow, I usually turn shadows off.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So I can't get a transparent background if I need/want an avi file?

Marlene

That is correct. You could make the background Blue or Green depending on the requirements of any video processing program you may have. Export your .avi file and then open it in the video processing program where you can replace the Blue or Green screen (background).

There may be other methods but without knowing how you specifically want to use the animation I cannot provide more details. Different uses may require different techniques.
    Last edited by Soquili; 10 July 2007 at 01:44 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Bill is definently correct there. Blue screen and green screen are the way to go. Just make sure you have no blue in your object if you are using blue screen or green for green screen.

Your Video program will mask out all the blue or green and whatever is on the layer behind it will show up.

Here is an example of a object created by Mike Sims that I placed in a short trailer...

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28242

The Armarrilly was created in X3D by Mike Sims. I just placed it in the trailer.

The only way to get a truely transparent X3D would be to save each frame individually as a transparent .png and then use PS to create a filmstrip of all the shots... (too labor intensive for me... Give me green screen.)
    Last edited by raynerj1; 10 July 2007 at 02:14 PM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook