Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is this Impossible?

Ok, I realise that I am posting in an old thread, but am not sure of the protocol.

As a new user of Xara 3D (about a week), I came to the forums to watch and learn. I think I understand how most of it works, and working through the "tutorial" of the twin smilies, I understand how both images are produced.

The question is ..... How did MerryOtter get the black and white colour onto the centre square?

Darn .... A few minutes more with the design, and I would have worked it out myself.

I'm assuming it was a black and white striped texture angled and scaled to suit!

Hi SS-Kalm - and welcome.

On protocol...as long as your question relates to the original thread, then reviving it is fine. Some threads get revived after years; if they are useful then no-one complains.

Well, that's my ordinary member opinion.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Woohoo! - It works.

I know it's not too neat, but it was the principle I needed to understand. I had trouble with the textures, every time I set the line spacing to 0 - The texture didn't show properly in the windows. Is that common?

Thank You everyone for all the Tutorials etc. They were invaluable. You guys (and gals) are all geniuses. I would have never worked it out myself.

Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test Widget.gif 
Views:	164 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	39675  

Hi, Keith,
    Line spacing only adjusts the height of lines, but this will put textures out of vertical alignment, because the objects change position, but the textures presumably don't. Textures are tiled, and I suspect they are all offset from a fixed specific point in the page, and as objects change position, their textures no longer align to them correctly.

Mike

Hi Keith and welcome,

Glad to se you figured out the solution yourself.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host