Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Issues with Color Editor and Color Palette ????

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    If I import a PDF into a blank file and save it, then the Color Editor's drop down list only shows: Normal and Spot color. Tint of Another Color, Shade of Another Color, and Link to Another Color are missing. Anyone else have this happen? (See the attached, open it, draw an object, give it a fill and then check of the color editor)
    Yes this behaiviour is the same as in version 3.2.1. Looks like a bug to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I noticed if I apply a Line or Fill color from the new color palette (the diamond shaped colors at the bottom of Xara's drawing window) to an object, then when that object is selected, there are no tick marks displayed over the color's used for the object in the color palette. Is this supposed to happen?
    I think this is suppose to happen: all diamond colors are unused document colors (the way I understand it). If you want one of the diamond colors to be part of your document, select the diamond color, open the color editor and then select "new named color" and it appears in the front of the palette as a square color.
    In a way this is good behaiviour, when you export to .AI or .PDF only all square colors exported only, all diamond colors are ignored, it keeps the document quite clean.
    Idea: Holding CTRL pressed on the keyboard while selecting a diamond color will make it a square color.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 05 July 2007 at 09:53 PM.