Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Formatting the disc for Mac use

My printer is giving me a headache.
    I used Windows XP to copy some PDFs onto a CD. He says that he can't open it as it needs it to be formatted for a PC so that he can use it on his Mac. He suggested emailing the files but the main file is too big (I assume this is why google mail is not sending it).
    I now plan to use Nero burner to copy the files but I can't find an option to format the disc.
    Help!

Default Re: Formatting the disc for Mac use

Hi Anas,

If you used XP's native ability to write to a CD it does not put the data onto the CD the same as a full burner program like Nero.

Basically I think it creates a multiple session CD which some CD-ROMs will not read accurately because it is expecting more data and the end of CD or Lead Out.

Using Nero should work without any problems.

If you used a CD-RW disc that could also cause problems for your printer. Use a CD-R disc and Nero.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili
    I'll try not to be lazy in future, I'll use Nero.

In the end he said that he still couldn't open it on his Mac so he just opened it on a PC and used his stick drive to transfer it. I don't know why he didn't do that in the beginning. Snobbish in house artist/ designers seem to have an attitude problem with independent designers.

CD-RW disks always seem to have compatibility issues. Always use CD-R disks - they are so cheap these days anyway (I remember single CD-R disks being over £15 each).

I would skip Nero and use CDBurnerXP Pro 3 as it is quick and easy to use plus it's free (http://www.cdburnerxp.se/).

DocBambs