Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question resetting Pivot point on graphics in Xara Extreme

Hi- I'm a newbie thats started a company around using Xara for my computer graphics. I absolutely love it! It has breathed new life into me, and now I have something to do with the rest of my life. Thank you!
    Well my question is that when I'm rotating vector images that I've created, I sometimes accidently move the pivot point if thats what its called. From then on out every vector part that I create has its pivot point off, and it is flustrationg to me. I'm sure this has been answered before, but this is my first day on this forum. Please go easy, or if you can direct me to the page that can answer my question it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: resetting Pivot point on graphics in Xara Extreme

If I understand correctly, you want to set the origin position for the object rotation.

With the Selector Tool Infobar displayed, simply click on the center button of the 9 button tool. See pic below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ResetRotationPivot.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	38667  

You can also drag the pivot point while holding CTRL. This makes it snap to the 9 positions that are marked in StevenWWinters' attachment above

Yet another way would be to deselect everything so nothing is selected and click your shape again: the pivot point is now reset in the center of the shape.
    If you move the pivot point on 1 shape and select another shape without having clicked on a blank area (thereby selecting "nothing"), the altered position of the pivot point will be conserved in the next shape.

I'll give it a try. That should help immensely.Thanks a lot.

Another useful tip: If you relocate the rotation marker, when rotating the shape, if you hold shift while dragging, the rotation occurs around the object centre, ignoring the marker location.