Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Preview?

Default Preview?

In Xara Xtreme (Pro), how does one get a preview of an entire page in real full screen mode (i.e. without any menus, guides, etc.)?

Default Re: Preview?

Quote direct from the Xara Xtreme Pro help.

Switching to full screen mode
    Full screen mode gives you the maximum possible area for the editing window. It does this by using different setting for the display of bars, the Status Line, Color Line and scrollbars. In full screen mode the title bar and the menu bar are not visible.
    To switch to full screen mode
    From the Window menu, choose Full Screen to switch to full screen mode and back.
    Tips
    The bars settings and the states of the scrollbars, Color Line and Status Line can be different for each mode.
    If the scrollbars are disabled, you can use the Push Tool to move around the document. See Moving the page.
    You can change to full screen mode quickly by pressing 8 on the numeric keypad (if NumLock is enabled).
    All the galleries are closed when you switch modes.
    To make the menu bar visible, move the pointer to the top of the screen.
    For details on what you can do to increase the area of the screen available to show your drawing, see Increasing the available work area.
    If you turn off the scrollbars, color line, status line, rulers and all the control bars, you can use full screen mode as a full screen viewing mode.
    Movie—click below (click here for more movies)
    Using full screen mode
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've always sort of thought that was a slight pain in the bottom. One thing I like about psp7 is it has a one click Full Screen Preview. It comes in really handy when you have a small monitor and a big project. It would be a nice feature to have in Xara too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Quote direct from the Xara Xtreme Pro help.
    That's not what I'm looking for. I'm already using full screen mode for editing, with the toolbars enabled. What I'm looking for is a "preview only full screen mode" which is available e.g. in that old Micrografx Designer 4.1 (for Win 3.1!) that I'm still using occasionally because of its powerful toolset.

Feklee the only view close to what you want is the one described in the one bold line of text within the quote I posted.
    Last edited by Soquili; 08 June 2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Feklee the only view close to what you want is the one described in the one bold line of text within the quote I posted.
    Thanks, for the suggestion, but - as said before - it's not for me as I already use full screen mode for editing with the toolbars, etc. enabled. I hope that eventually a preview will be added as Xara Xtreme matures.