Hi Availor,

I started working with Main Frame and Mini Computers a few years before John. In the mid 1970s I worked with a few S100 bus systems that had to be hand assembled and that CP/M (Control Program for Micro Computers) was developed on. Microsoft's DOS was based on CP/M with it's command line, system prompts and internal and external commands. I worked with some of the many commercial micro computers that ran CP/M in the later 1970s and a few Apple II systems during that timeframe. In the early 1980s I worked with some Atari, Commodore, Colico, Texas Instruments, and Zenith micro computers.

A little known fact: Zenith released it's Z-100 micro computer one week before IBM released it's first PC. Microsoft had also written the operating system known as Z-DOS for Zenith. IBM had thought they had an exclusive with PC DOS and because of the similarities with Z-DOS they sued Microsoft. I'll keep the more provocative little known facts to myself. History is re-written by the victor and I may step on a few toes by revealing the true facts again http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif