Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Windows 'scrap' files

Ever since my first Xara purchase many years ago I have wanted to be able to drag n' drop my objects into a library of some sort. Although Xtreme Pro does allow you to drag 'n drop from the clipart library it does allow drag 'n drop into the library. I have also tried to drag and drop out of a Xara window directly into an Explorer window. This creates a 'scrap' file which you can drag back into Xara but I find it is not reliable and it does not appear as a thumbnail in Explorer.

What I have in mind is something like the symbol library in Flash where you can drag a single object into the library and it immediately comes up with a dialog that allows you to name the symbol.

Has anyone discovered a solution/workaround?

George

Default Re: Windows 'scrap' files

Create a windows folder in a place of your choice which will be your new library.

Then copy/paste the first item to to be saved, into a new xar file, and save this to the new library folder. [Xara may not open empty library folders]

Use the disc clipart option in the clipart gallery to navigate to and open the new library folder and add to the gallery.
    This only needs to be done once for each new library folder.

You can then repeat the operation to save, in a new xar file for each item to be added to the new library
    you can load from this new library as normal from the gallery.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...