Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DDS plugin for Xara X1 or Xara Xtreme possible? in desperate need

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help us out with this this work will save tremedous amount of our time since we work for the sim racing communities and Xara seems like a new standard for graphix we've been working on, but it's done with .dds and .tga, but the first one is the most important.

Can someone help out best wishes

Sergio Bustamante
    Last edited by finnerss; 11 September 2006 at 05:51 AM. Reason: typos

Default Re: DDS plugin for Xara X1 or Xara Xtreme possible? in desperate need

Hi Sergio,

I'm not sure what dds is, but this link may be useful.

Hi Sergio,

I'm not sure what a dds plugin is, but maybe this link will help

No se exactamente lo que sea dds plugin, pero quisás se pueda ayudar este vinculo

Regards,

Alan

I'm bumping this to see if there is any news on this. .dds files are graphics files used in games like VSK5 (sailing). The boats skins are made with .dds. Photoshop has a plugin but I would prefer to work with Xara.

Tom

I think you must mean 'Export Filter' - I guess you are creating these files so you want to export to DDS?

Is this the same thing? http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/de...fileformat.asp
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Yes..you're correct..export filter it is.

tom

I use to export to Paint.Net and use it's DDS export filter, but agreed a native export option would be great.

I'm acually using GIMP or rather a hacked version of it (Gimpshop) that is similar to PS in feel and look. I hope I can edit the psd files in xara, open these files in Gimpshop and then export them back into the game program.

Tom

also Nvidia has a texturing application plugin for some programs that is DDs extension, used to map game stuff I beleive check out the Nvida webstie
    Jim