Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Problems when printing....

Thanks a lot for that information - the link of the "Achieving reliable..." is really good. I'm reading it right now.

Hmmmm, interesting. If by ID you are referring to InDesign then yes, I did use InDesign to export my book to .pdf.

When exporting I use the High Quality Print preset, modified to include the 3mm bleeds that I use and also to not downsample any images. I don't use any standard for the .pdf because I've never researched that. In saying this, I actually feel stupid now. I knew there was a lot for me to learn about these programs since I've taught myself all of the Adobe applications that I use (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat).

What are the standards for and what are the differences between them?

Also, before I forget, there was a function in ID somewhere that allows you to "prepare" the work for print or something... "Pre-Flight"... is this option absolutely necessary to apply before exporting to .pdf... because I'll tell you now... I didn't apply it and have never applied it to mine. I only found out about it the other day.

Clément aka `MishimaSan`
    (holds head in shame)

EDIT: My MSN handle is clamped@hotmail.com - please add me so that I can discuss with you further about these programs. I appreciate very much your time
    Last edited by `mishimasan`; 19 April 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Included MSN contact handle.
    IP