Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Flow in animation

I've animated several models in my reel. Hope you like it.

www.homographicus.com
    www.homographicus.com/reel2_DIVX.avi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Flow in animation

Impressive!

It's still good, but he changed the video. All you see is a car now.
    Last edited by jamesmc; 19 March 2007 at 02:04 AM.

looks like a link has been restored for the reel2,
    WoW indeed!
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Guys sorry for the problem with the site. The reel can be download properly now. Just rightclick the link and choose "save target as".
    The reel contains many animations performed mostly with Cinema4D, Strata, Terragen and Bryce as well as many models performing animations. This Flow segment is just a very small part of it. You have some 3D models too to download in a link visible in the 3D Gallery. Please let me know if you find any problem at all.

www.homographicus.com
    www.homographicus.com/reel2_DIVX.avi

There's good work there.

A few comments:

In the early part of the showreel you have a copyright notice and the name of your company. Unfortunately the special effects applied to the text coupled with the compression make the text pretty unreadable. For some reason, the text dissappears half way through too.

The end credits should be longer. Why have a showreel then hurtle through the parts interested parties will want to read?

At five and a half minutes, it's way too long. Weed out the weaker stuff and cut the runtime in half. The people who might use you will only be interested in your best work and won't wait until the end to read your information.

If you are going to provide a link to a 40MB download, it would be good to warn people how big it is before they start.

Paul

Wow. wonderful stuff. Long but worth the download. Thanks for sharing.

I like and agree with the comments just made. For avid artists like us it was an enjoyable sit through, but you'll need a shorter one for showing off.

Don't know if you could cut anything out, as it was all so good, my only negative would be the dice roll was not smooth! and that was so minor the thought was quickly blown away by the stuff that followed.

Very well done. I'll be watching it over and over a few times.

Turan

Post Re: Flow in animation

Wow, THIS is a real Master!!!! Thanks for showing us your work, Emel!
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Thanks for your feedback. All your comments are being taken in consideration.

Pauland: thanks for input, the download lenght advise is clear over the download button (about 40 Mb download). The end credits are alway possible to be read pausing the player so I did not made them longer.

Turan: thanks for input too.

You must also take in consideration that compressed video sometimes (specially with mpeg compression and due to the process it uses to evaluate frames, can have some acuracy problems in lower levels). Anyway my idea is to improve everything as time goes by. But once more I thank your for your comments/crits and really apreciated your time to download and watch.

Emanuel

Emanuel, I've just looked at your reel again and I've a few more comments.

From what I've seen, it looks as though the reel has a number of product visualisations, some for paying customers, some practice items of your own. As well as that we have some test/fun shots of your own.

I'm guessing that your main focus should probably be for corporate logos and product visualisation for advertising. I think your showreel should focus on that rather than be the mix it is.

So free advice (you know what that is worth):

1) Use captions and labelling to break up your showreel into three distinct areas: Corporate (your logo work), Product visuals/Advertising, Concepts (everything else).

2) Clearly annotate each animation. If its for a paying customer, say so, if not label it as a test, or animation pitch.

3) Ditch the old models with poorer quality modelling and renders. They stand out like a sore thumb. Anyone viewing your reel will remember your older poorer quality work, before your better pieces. Just give them the best - that's what they want from you.

4) Consider how many potential customers will want to use a bryce fly-through, nice as it is.

5) remember focus and image is everything. Know your potential customers and focus on their needs not showing off everything you've done.

Forgive me for going on about this - I'm on your side.

Paul