Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding a background/effects

Hey all,

Can anyone help me out herE? i've got a pic of me which had a background. i cut out my pic using adobe so now basically i've got a pic of me with a white bacground. i wanna add some effects to myself in addition to adding a background, all of that using adobe. Can anyone help me out on how i can do it, or link me a site or something, or make life easier on me and do it for me? :P

p.s. i dont have a background in mind, i wanna draw up the background using adobe.

Thanks.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Adding a background/effects

hi k0rrupter...what kind of effect do you basically need? There are a lot of ways to do that, its better if you be more specific about what you really want or might as well post your photo here. I can probably help you with that. You might check our website for more info, thats what we do.
    IP

Default Re: Adding a background/effects

I'm not really looking for something specific in terms of background, coz simple, there are infinite types of backgrounds available. i Just want something which would make the picture look good. Also adding some effects to my pic itself would be good.

if anyone can just tell me what i can do and how i can do it

p.s. attached is the pic before i cut it out. i've got one which is cut out, thus, leavin me with a white background. (it's not the original size, i resized it)

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Have you tried filters from Filter Gallery? (Filter > Filter Gallery...)

Most other effects are layer-based. Before using those, copy the selected fragment to new layer (Layer > New > Layer Via Copy). Then, you may apply "Drop Shadow", "Emboss", or other effects (Layer > Layer Style > ...).
    IP

I'm not really sure what your question is. You can chop your image out in a number of ways. In this case, I'd just pen path it out and mask the background, but the question remains, "What are you going after?"
    IP