Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Problems installing XXtreme Pro from CD

Received my CD today and tried to install over my downloaded version 3.0.0.612DL. After ticking off the desired components etc., the installation came to an inexplicable halt. (BTW, this is the identical behaviour I had when attempting 4-weeks back to upgrade my DL version to the Jan 16, 2007 version posted at the Xara site).

I then thought I would Add|Remove the program only to discover that the DL version doesn't appear on the Add|Remove list!? This, in spite of the fact that I load the program all the time off a shortcut on my desktop or via the Windows|All Programs route where the program does appear.

I'm currently assuming that when I uninstalled my regular registered Xara Xtreme version 6-weeks back, this may have corrupted a registry and hence the mystery.

Now I'm in unchartered waters with the CD in hand and nowhere to go.

Any suggestions as to how to proceed from here.

Much appreciated.

Default Re: Problems installing XXtreme Pro from CD

I posted my problem in the WindowsXP forum and the first response I received worked like a charm. I leave it here in the forum for others who may require the fix:

Look in C:\ ProgramFiles for a XaraXtreme folder. If there, open the folder and check for a Uninstaller.exe file. If not then just delete the Xara Folder. Delete any Xara Folder found in
    HKey_Current_User\Software and HKey_Local_Machine\Software. Sometimes you
    may find a Uninstaller in Start>All Programs>XaraXtreme dropdown menu.

Default Re: Problems installing XXtreme Pro from CD

Thanks Carygee. I had exactly the same problems and that fixed it for me too! There is definitely something not right with the XaraPro install this time. Quite ugly actually

Red face Re: Problems installing XXtreme Pro from CD

Quote Originally Posted by bshand1 View Post
    Thanks Carygee. I had exactly the same problems and that fixed it for me too! There is definitely something not right with the XaraPro install this time. Quite ugly actually
    Now I am 'Scared' to Try Install -especially not having found which files to BackUp -Guess I'll do a HD BackUp to MyExternal BackUp HD -and a System Restore Point - Hope that will Cover My "Self" ... ???
    Tom - Hwy101