Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: XPro CD

Smile Re: XPro CD

Hi everybody, I've got my copy today! Made it to the hinterland of France. Box crushed, cd's fine. Thanks Xara crew!
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: XPro CD

Mine arrived about 3 1/2 hours ago... Made it to Courtenay, on Vancouver Island, BC with only a very slightly damaged box (three of the corners are ever so slightly crushed) and contents in A-1 condition!

Sorry about all the crushed boxes. I know it's the post offices fault, but still. Although I know that won't help any of you guys right now, I have passed on some thoughts to TPTB on what we can do next time.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

The important thing is that the contents are ok, and so far they are. My only concern about the boxes is that the serial number is on the box rather than the CD and there's no way to easily transfer it. For those of us managing multiple licenses, it may complicate things a bit.

Ok, so I'm also a bit concerned that the crushed boxes may not help the impression made on new users. I doubt that the rest of us care. It's already too late for us.

Ordered Xara Pro about a week ago, received the email that my order had gone thru and I could unlock it. Does anyone know if you receive another email when they actually mail it? or how long should it take to ge to New Zealand.
    Just can't wait to receive it

Hi all. I received my box this morning to Sydney, Australia . Box looks squashed, CD is fine.

Did anyone else got also a 10 dollar pre-paid credit card from iStockphoto, placed within the CD Sleeve of the XaraXtremePro installation CD? Good stuff!

Thanks Xara!

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Did anyone else got also a 10 dollar pre-paid credit card from iStockphoto, placed within the CD Sleeve of the XaraXtremePro installation CD? Good stuff!

Thanks Xara!
    THe iStockphoto card was standard-everyone should have got one. I was far more excided when I saw the XaraXone CD included. Well done Gary ! :-)

The way I look at it, the content (the manuals basically) are too heavey in comparison to the strength of the box's "cardbard". If the inner corregated cardboard were on the exterior of the box, it may have reduced the risk of collapse/being crushed.

I would still like to have a PDF, XAR, or at least high res PNG file of the box (at true size) to print onto heavey stock. Then I could hand-cut and fold it so I wouldn't have such a "ratty" looking box.

As far as the serial number goes, I hand write mine onto the CD with a Sharpie-brand marking pen.

UPDATE 1: Millertime: Well too late now. Learn something new every day (although been doing this for years and haven't had a problem .... yet). Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by jclements; 09 February 2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: See Update 1

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    As far as the serial number goes, I hand write mine onto the CD with a Sharpie-brand marking pen.
    Should only use markers specifically designed to use on CD's and DVD's. Using the wrong markers can eat through the top layer and destroy the data on the CD /DVD. Don't believe Sharpie is one of them unless its stated on package that its safe. Has to be free from alcohol and other corrosive substances.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoid View Post
    Ordered Xara Pro about a week ago, received the email that my order had gone thru and I could unlock it. Does anyone know if you receive another email when they actually mail it? or how long should it take to ge to New Zealand.
    Just can't wait to receive it
    It's hard to know. If there is no back-log [the CD's only just started shipping last week but some of us bought Pro a few months back]. I think my last one took two or three weeks to get to Sydney so you could probably expect the same to NZ.