Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Figure Artist Hmmmm....

I myself have resorted to objects similar to James' Geo-Man. But admittedly, posing two dimensional cardboard cutout figures like these have their own limitation. It's really much more worthwhile in the long run to learn to sketch with a pencil and paper. Or get a really cheap digital camera and take a picture of yourself... Much much easier than using a 3D program. More fun, too. Plus you get some extra exercise.

Yeah Graphixman...

What a lot of artists don't realize about 3D models is that one has to or at least should start with a drawing or a photo with several views in order to line up and know where the polygons, vertices and edges (or splines for spline modelers.)

Some have a natural talent or tons of experience and can make a model from scratch. I have to have a front, left and top or back depending on what I'm modeling.

So, one has to get the basics down in proportion.

The wooden doll types are good for posing choreography in actions, games and movie types where you want a low poly stand-in.

3D ain't as easy as it looks, a gillion things to learn.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I found this: http://supremenothing.blogspot.com/2...r-get-you.html while browsing www.drawn.ca and remembered James' topic.