Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
We're sending them as we always do to the US, which is small packets airmail direct from the UK. We can probably safely assume that masque is in the UK though.

It was quite an interesting event getting all the manuals and boxes in.

2.2 tons of manuals were delivered, along with the boxes. The truck wouldn't come up our drive for some reason, and the drivers only spoke Bulgarian so we didn't know why. So Kate phoned the shipping company and there was an ongoing translatation via the shipping company person. It turns out they thought the trees were too low for the truck to go under. They eventually gave it a go, and managed to get up. Turning around in front of the house was a worrying site; I expected Gaddesden Place to need a new wing again! Thankfully all was fine, and we just had to carry boxes of manuals from the truck to the offices. Everyone who was in that day got involved, it was a real company effort. Even a couple of cars were drafted in to get all the manuals in.

Then everyone got involved in making the boxes and putting in the CDs etc, and it's strange walking around from office to office and everyone is doing the same thing. Xtreme Pro boxes everywhere. (Kind of reminding me of the Star Trek: TNG episode where everyone has gotten into a game, and Wesley is walking around wondering what's going on... too geeky of me?)

Then Miro was messaging me like an expectant father wanting to know if his child had been born yet.

So when it drops on your doorstep just think of all it's been through. The parts have come from Austria and Bulgaria, built up by all the members of staff, posted, then it travels the world some more before dropping on your doorstep.
Does this mean you're not going to drop everything and rummage through your orders so you can get mine out first?