Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post January 2007

I have had this idea ever since I heard about the flash export feature in extreme pro, the problem is that it zooms too fast initially then really slow at the end.

Anyone any ideas on how to make the zoom more even (other than manually splitting the zoom up into loads of frames) - pro could do with a zoom profile such as like with blends.

Sorry file too big to post here (800kb), please see the following link:-
    http://www.abervalley.com/sneggyzoom.htm

sculptex,

You don't say how you created the swf. I expect one of the reasons for the slow down of the file is the processor drain needed to render the bitmap as it zooms in.

How many bitmaps did you use to create the swf?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

I created about 4 or 5 bitmap layers (the actual swf will contain more as I started with the same base bitmaps but used it to zoom in to two neighbouring villages!)

Each layer is roughly a 400% zoom on the previous, so by the fifth layer, you can zoom in 256x from the original! As you can probably tell, I only put in the more zoomed, detailed layers in on the areas that I am zooming in on. I made the detailed layers 50% transparent in order to stretch and overlay exactly over the previous layer. All inspired and borrowed from google earth as you probably guessed. though I was trying to overlay on an ordinance survey type view to start with and then do a transparency fade on to the image, but I couldn't quite get them to line up!

The slow down is definitely to do with the zoom 'profile', as I understand flash 8 basically works in realtime, so if it was struggling it would just be jerky.
    Last edited by sculptex; 27 January 2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Just playing with some logoconcepts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nike Bike.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	34572  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

hi, i'm new to Xara X, love the software. here is a picture of a tulip done using some tutorials on Xara X1.

Phil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vector tulip.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	34615  

Hello Phil,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

That is beautifully drawn. You have captured the delicate look of flower petals.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by philbankhill View Post
    hi, i'm new to Xara X, love the software. here is a picture of a tulip done using some tutorials on Xara X1.

Phil
    That's a very good start! Flowers and other organic stuff are usually harder with vectors because of all the textures involved. Nicely done .

Yes, Phil, the flower is really amazing. Some people find drawing natural things more difficult in vector. However, Xara is capable of producing whatever your mind can challenge itself to achieve, no matter, foreground, background, surreal, ultra real, design, ad layout, brochures. It is all up to the user. Nothing is impossible, only is if you don't try. The rest is just a load of feathers.

Mostly it is playing with the tools and finding what they are capable of doing, seeing what others are doing and noting how they do that, and putting it together as your own.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Really nice job Phil, I have tried the tutorial several times but always lose the way somewhere.
    Last edited by parahandy; 31 January 2007 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Excellent tulip, Phil.
    ron