Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Newbie Xara Extreme User

Chuck,

I wish I had half of your talent.

Nice web site, too, although the "HOME" link in the left frame appears to be broken.
    Charlie

Thanks All. Definitely having fun with it. Here is another. This one is a photograph (Olympus E500) of a glass of wine at sunset on the Gulf of Mexico. I edited out the fence post it was sitting on in Photoshop, imported it into Xara, cloned the glass and added the bubbles. Then I drank the wine. Life is good . Still evolving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WineGlass3.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	34432  

Default Re: Help with brass wheels....

Latest lunacy. Need help making 3 dimensional looking brass knobs with knurled edges. Any ideas out there? The knobs on the microscope don't look anything like the original image. Not bad but not the same.

Name:	microscope.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	34462  

Quick learner :-}

Did you try googling "microscope" in google?

This scope should be available to you when you get your disks or when XPro enables the appropriate link in the ClipArt gallery.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 25 January 2007 at 03:21 AM.

Great work Enigma!! Really like the pix of the wine superimposed on the sunset - reminds me of other days.

jclements : With reference to the scope depiction - I have always been impressed with Xara's use of that, now I am wondering if there is any program(s) available that will enable an image to be rotated and viewed from any angle such as we see in Google Earth?

matelot

Thanks. I do have that example file. As my wife would say "snake it woulda bit ya"!

Took the sample scope know apart and will reproduce each part for practice.

Thanks again.
    Chuck

Thanks Matelot. Yes there are programs that do 3 dimensional modelling in a CAD sense but they cost thousands of dollars. There may be simpler less expensive ones though. I've seen some of those packages in use in the Aerospace industry such as at Boeing. I took a 40 hour course in Catia many years ago and it had a 3 axis rotatable rendering engine.\

Xara offers their own version of a 3D program. It was designed for text presentations,however other things can be done if you venture over to the Xara3D Segment in this forum.

I hastily put this together just to illustrate your point about the knob. I didn't do a good job on the lines of the knob, but I think you get a good idea of what you can make.

It's just a simple copy and paste, then adjusting the lights for material color. No textures were added.

With more care, one can make very realistic metal pieces using Xara and Xara3D

Name:	knobs.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	34509  
    Last edited by jamesmc; 27 January 2007 at 12:06 AM.