Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Test Driving

Default Test Driving

Hi i have been testing fireworks and xara both with vector and bitmap features i would like to know how many people use xara for designing web pages and how well they think it does this job.

Default Re: Test Driving

I use NetObjects Fusion for doing webpages. However, I do all my graphic work for the pages in Xara.

I create mainly Flash sites. I occasionaly use Dreamweaver. I have Fireworks but never use it. I create all my graphics in Xara Xtreme and export them to Flash. I create jpg's, gifs and pngs in Xara for export to DW.

One thing to bear in mind. Adobe have taken over Macromedia. This could mean the end of the road for Fireworks.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the advice fireworks 9 is in beta so i think it is here to stay i think you will see more people switching over from photoshop to programs like fireworks and xara. Photoshop is a great tool for image editing but is the wrong tool for web designers.

So far i really like xara its simple fast and easy to use but fireworks packs more features but at a cost. I am still not sure it's a tough decision xara or fireworks.

If your not using your copy of fireworks i could buy it for a small fee! heheeheehe

Thanks

Not sure Kevin